- 1 : suitable or convenient for a particular occurrence <an opportune moment>
- 2 : occurring at an appropriate time <an opportune offer of assistance>
- 1 a : an action or process of solving a problem
- b : an answer to a problem : explanation; specifically : a set of values of the variables that satisfies an equation
One of the biggest challenges businesses face today is too much data. Historically, data was rare and hard to capture. Today, information technology allows data capture in almost every facet of business. The challenge is to turn that data into useful information. This task requires focus on the business needs and questions that require answers. From there, you need a strategy and corresponding project plan that documents the processes for managing the data that contains the answers you need. Once you have a plan in place, you can easily transform the data into information — information that you can use easily to support business decision-making.
Opportune Solutions provides exactly the expertise required to put your Data Management Strategy and Plan in place. With a combined 33 years of experience of doing exactly that for more than 75 Fortune 500 companies, Opportune Solutions is ready to meet your data management challenges. Data Management Services include:
Assessment of current data available.
- What data is available?
- Where is it stored?
- Is the data useable in it′s current form?
Creating a strategy for managing available data.
- What business needs must be met?
- Will the data cost money or resources to obtain?
- How frequently does data need to be refreshed?
- Will the benefits outweigh the costs?
Detailed Project Plan creation.
- Project Definition and Scope
- Business Requirements Documentation
- Technical Specifications
- Weekly Project Status updates
- Project timelines
- Project resource requirements
Database design, implementation and programming.
- Database model creation
- Database setup and loading
- Database ad hoc query support and reporting
Project Plan execution.
- Providing Project Management resource
On-going support and improvement.
- Consulting to improve the process over time
- Handing off the process to an “internal” owner.
Opportune Solutions Print Ad
Just wanted to comment that this has been quite interesting and helpful. No one has ever inquired about what we want and are trying to accomplish - they just say, "buy this and buy that" … what a revelation! THANKS!
CPA, MBA, ABD
Auer Woodley Ostlund CPAs, LLC